Sopa de Fideo
½ small onion
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 cups fideo
1 small can tomato sauce
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
½ teaspoon cumin
shredded cooked chicken (optional)
cilantro (for garnish)
warm corn tortillas
1. Mince the onions.
2. Put the olive oil in a stock pot and heat.
3. Add the onions and cook until translucent, (about 2 minutes).
4. Use a garlic press and squeeze the garlic through. Add to the stock pot.
5. Add the fideo and stir until you see a golden brown color on the edges of the
6. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, peas and cumin. Continue cooking until
the fideo is tender, (about 10 minutes)
7. Ladle the Sopa into bowls and top with shredded chicken and cilantro. Serve
with warm tortillas. So easy! Yum!